Osong Bio Foundation (“the Foundation”) notifies as follows, to protect the content of the internet services(“the Services”) provided by the Foundation and not to violate another person’s copyright and other rights. Other items related to the copyright, not stipulated in the following, comply with the provisions of the Foundation homepage and the copyright law.
Attribution and Responsibility of the Contents
- The contents of the Foundation’s homepage are protected by Copyright Act, and reproductions and distributions of the contents without permission are prohibited in principle. Reproducing and distributing the copyrighted contents without permission may fall under a crime of copyright infringement according to Article 97-5 of Copyright Act.
- When using a copyrighted content of which is attributed to the Foundation, one must specify that the source is from Chungcheongbuk Provincial Government Office, and use it for academic and researching purposes only. If one uses a part or all of such content for a commercial purpose without consent of the Foundation, one may be subject to civil and criminal liabilities.
- Even if one distributes certain content from the Foundation’s homepage on another website, one may correct a simple mistake, but must not make any change to the content. If one makes such change, he or she may be subject to criminal liability.
- The Foundation owns the right to use and publish a content that a member (or a non-member) has posted on the Services.
- The copyright of materials including software, photographs, videos, etc. (hereinafter, the “Posting”), which a member makes, posts and registers, is attributed to the member, and if the Posting infringes another person’s copyright and intellectual properties, the member is solely responsible.
Copyright Protection of Member and Third Party
- As reproducing, distributing and transmitting a part or all of another's person's copyrighted materials(including computer programs) without consent of the copyright owner may be subject to copyright infringement, a member must not post or register a Posting that may violate the copyright by means of reproducing, distributing and transmitting the material.
- If a member’s Posting quotes another person’s work and the quoted work makes up the key part of the Posting instead of merely supporting the member’s personal opinion, this may infringe the copyright even if the member specifies the source. Therefore, a member must not post or register such Posting without consent of the copyright holder.
- If a third party wishes to use a member’s posting in the Services, the third party should obtain the member’s consent.
- If a member infringes another person’s intellectual property rights such as copyright, trademark right and design right in using the Services, the Foundation is not responsible.
Request on Suspending Posting and Suspension
- If a member (or non-member) wishes to suspend his or her Posting from the Services, the member must prove the copyright belongs to the member himself or herself. Once this is proven, the Foundation will suspend the Posting.
- If a member’s (or non-member’s) claim that he or she is the copyright holder of a Posting in the Services is proven false, the member may be responsible in terms of civil and criminal liabilities
- If it becomes clear that a Posting in the Services infringes another person’s copyright, the Foundation may delete the Posting without notice.