Personal Information Protection Policy of Chungcheongbuk-do
Osong Bio Foundation (“the Foundation”) collects, retains and processes personal information in accordance with relevant laws or with consent of the party providing the information.
「Act on the Protection of Personal Information Maintained by Public Institutions」 presents general rules in handling personal information, and after collecting, retaining and processing the personal information, the Foundation handles it in accordance with these regulations to perform public service properly and to protect the rights and interests of citizens. The Foundation also respects your right to request to view and correct the personal information the Foundation retains, and in case of an infringement of this right, you may file an administrative appeal according to Administrative Appeals Act.
The personal information protection policy of the Foundation consists of three: one, 「the personal information protection for the homepage users」 for protecting the personal information of users of various homepages Chungcheongbuk-do has operated, two, 「the protection of personal information processed by the computer」 about handling the personal information necessary for performing public services, and three, 「the protection of visual materials processed by CC TV」 about information from closed-circuit television which is installed and operated for public interest. The policy is based on 「Act on the Protection of Personal Information Maintained by Public Institutions」 and 「the basic guidelines for the protection of personal information maintained by public institutions」. The websites the Foundation has operated as follows, and the policy applies to all the websites the Foundation operates unless there is a further explanation.
Information Collected From E-mail and Web Formats
Personal Information Collected and Saved Automatically
- When one uses the Foundation’s homepage, the following information is collected and saved automatically.
- The internet server domain of the user and the website addresses via which the user has visited the Foundation’s hompage.
- The user’s internet browser and operation system.
- Visiting dates.
- The automatically collected and saved information will be used for statistical analysis and better communications between the users and the website to improve and supplement the homepage as a means of providing better services. However, in certain cases, the laws and regulations require the submission of this information.
Information Collected From E-mail and Web Formats
A user may express an opinion through a mail, telephone, or online electronic format. Selecting these means, a user should be aware of the following.
- Other persons may view what you have expressed on the homepage.
- What you have expressed may be shared with others if necessary based on relevant regulations, and used as a reference for the implementation of the regulations and policy development.
- Also, this information may be shared with or provided to other government offices if necessary.
Handling Unwanted Mail
- The Foundation provides (sends) various information to the members by e-mail. The e-mail is sent to those who agree to receive information when signing up for the membership, but if a member no longer wants to receive the e-mail, the member may opt out for the e-mail anytime through the homepage.
Restriction on Using Personal Information and Refusal on Disclosure to Third Party
In accordance with 「Act on the Protection of Personal Information Maintained by Public Institutions」, the Foundation does not disclose or distribute the personal information to a third party without consent of the data subject or use for a commercial purpose. However, the following are exceptions.
- For investigation in accordance with certain regulation, the relevant office requests the information.
- For statistics, academic researches or marketing researches, the information may be provided after it is processed to make it impossible to identify any person.
- It is requested by a proper procedure in accordance with other regulations.
Purpose of Using Personal Information Collected
- When collecting personal information, the Foundation specifies its purpose and uses the information for the following purposes. The name, ID, and password are used to provide services that need the member identification. The e-mail, address, and phone number are used for better communications in the way of delivering notices, checking the member’s intention, and handling complaints.
Protection Measures of Website
- For security of the hompage and sustainable services, the Foundation monitors network traffic and runs various programs to such attempt as illegal change of personal information.
If a member posts certain content containing personal information on the hompage, the member must delete any personal information before posting it.
※ “Personal Information” means the information relating to a living individual that identifies a particular individual by his or her full name, resident registration number, image, etc. (the information which, even if it by itself does not identify a particular individual, may be easily combined with other information to identify a particular individual.) - Article 2-2 of Act on the Protection of Personal Information Maintained by Public Institutions
Technical Measures for Personal Information Protection
- The Foundation has taken the following measures so that the members’ personal information may not be lost, divulged, altered, or damaged. Such information as resident registration number and password requiring security is saved safely in the system protected by a fire wall. For protection from computer viruses, a virus quarantine program engine is updated in real time to prevent any trouble in using the services. The system to detect external attacks such as hacking runs 24 hours day for the utmost security. The Foundation is trying its best to protect members’ personal information. The information is processed encrypted when collected and transmitted, and saved in a safe server afterwards. Although the Foundation makes all administrative and technical efforts to protect personal information, the Foundation recommends the member to avoid filling any sensitive information that might be problematic in case of infringement.
Link to a Site or Webpage
- If a person clicks a link or banner on webpage the Foundation operates and moves to another site or webpage, the personal information protection policy of the institution that operates the site or webpage is now applied and therefore the person should check the policy.
Obtaining Another Person’s Personal Information in Using Website
- One must not obtain such personal information such as an e-mail address that identifies an individual from a website the Foundation operates. If a person views or is provided with such personal information illegally, the person may be punished according to Article 23 of 「Act on the Protection of Personal Information Maintained by Public Institutions」.
Report on Personal Information Infringement
- Foundation Chief Personal information Officer (CPO)
- ① Department: Foundation Policy Administration, Informatization Div.
- ② Position: Informatization Officer
- ③ Phone No.: 043-220-2340 / Fax No.: 043-220-2349
- ④ Address: 82 Sangdang-ro (Munwha-dong), Sandang-gu, Cheongu-si, Chungcheongbuk-do. Zipcode: 360-765
- Foundation Personal Information Person in Charge
- ① Name: Choi, Han-seong
- ② Department: Foundation Policy Administration, Informatization Div.
- ③ Phone No.: 043-220-4518 / Fax No.: 043-220-4519
- ④ E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ⑤ Address: 82 Sangdang-ro (Munwha-dong), Sandang-gu, Cheongu-si, Chungcheongbuk-do. Zipcode: 360-765